For more information, please see Jasper Campus
Vincennes University Jasper Campus was developed cooperatively by Vincennes University and COHERE, Inc. in February, 1970. COHERE, Inc. (Committee on Higher Education and Related Events) was a Dubois County citizens action group dedicated to the improvement of education and cultural enrichment for the area. It was founded by concerned citizens in 1960 and, having fulfilled its goals, was dissolved in 1978.
Completion of a two-story administration/classroom building in Fall 1974 enabled the Jasper Campus to move from temporary facilities in the central business district of Jasper to its permanent facility on a 130-acre tract south of Jasper on Indiana 162. A new addition completed in 1987 includes classrooms and faculty and administrative offices. Alvin C. Ruxer, a Jasper businessman and member of the Vincennes University Board of Trustees, provided funding to construct the Ruxer Student Center,which includes a dining center, gymnasium, weight room, classroom and the Indiana Baseball Hall of Fame. The facility opened in 1990. The Arnold F. Habig Center began holding classes in the Fall of 1998. Named for Jasper businessman and University benefactor, Arnold F. Habig, this addition houses science, computer and technical laboratories. The campus library and Academic Center for Excellence are also located in this facility. The Jasper Campus Classroom Building, opened in spring of 2007, houses the nursing, social science, and humanities programs. The newest addition to campus is the Center for Technology, Innovation and Manufacturing (CTIM) building which opened in 2013. In response to workforce needs in the region, the CTIM houses the Career Advancement Partnership (CAP) program, allowing students to apply what they learn in real-time through a paid internship.
The Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science and Bachelor of Science degrees and Certificates of Graduation are awarded through the Jasper Campus in accordance with degree and certificate requirements for graduation listed in this catalog.
The following transfer and occupational programs of study are offered at the Jasper Campus. Plans of study for these programs are on the pages noted. Programs unique to the Jasper Campus (indicated with an * below) are included in alphabetical order in the pages immediately following.
Programs of Study
- Accounting Certificate 5251, C.P.C.
- Banking 5320, C.P.C.
- Behavioral Sciences 1050, A.A.
- Behavioral Sciences 1050, A.S. Transfer
- Business Administration 5050, A.S. Transfer
- Business Management 5360, A.S. Career/Tech
- Business Office Management Technology Certificate 5516, C.G.
- Clerical - General 5606, C.P.C.
- Computer Science 5004, A.S. Transfer
- Cyber Security and Network Operations Certificate 5457, C.G.
- Electronics Technology - General Technology Concentration 8365, A.S. Career/Tech
- Engineering Science 4550, A.S. Transfer
- Entrepreneurship Certificate 5404, C.P.C.
- General Studies 2250, A.S. Transfer
- General Studies 2250, A.S. Career/Tech
- General Studies - Business Studies 5900, A.S. Career/Tech
- General Studies, Directed Studies Certificate 2255, C.P.C.
- Health Care Professional Pre-Nursing CNA Track Certificate 6253, C.G.
- Information Technology 5510, A.S. Transfer
- Information Technology Certificate 5515, C.G.
- Law Enforcement 7500, A.S. Transfer
- Law Enforcement 7500, A.S. Career/Tech
- Law Enforcement Certificate 7504, C.G.
- Liberal Arts 2400, A.A.
- Liberal Arts 2400, A.S. Transfer
- Management Training Certificate 5520, C.P.C.
- Nursing, Associate of Science 6250, A.S. Transfer
- Nursing, Practical 6350, C.G.
- Pharmacy Technology 4832, A.S. Career/Tech
- Pharmacy Technology Certificate 4835, C.G.
- Sales Training Certificate 5551, C.P.C.
- Social Work 1500, A.S. Transfer
- Software Development 5450, A.S. Career/Tech
- Software Development - Database Certificate 5455, C.P.C.
- Statewide Transfer General Education Core 2260, C.G.
- Supply Chain And Logistics Certificate 5403, C.P.C.
- Supply Chain Logistics Management 5405, A.S. Transfer
- Web Publishing and Design 5453, C.P.C.
- Web Site Development For e-Commerce 5752, C.P.C.
Bachelor Degree Programs
The following programs are available either online or at the Vincennes Campus.
For Jasper Campus information, email email@example.com, call 812-482-3030, or visit Vincennes University Jasper Campus, 850 College Avenue, Jasper, Indiana 47546.