A Program Leading to a B.S. Degree
This program is designed for anyone interested in Health Care Services Administration, but particularly students who have previous academic work in, or who have completed a two-year program in a health, health care, business, or related field and are seeking a B.S. degree with a Health Care Services Administration focus. The goal of the program is to provide and maintain educational excellence and an innovative curriculum for our students.
Students who have received an AS or ASCT degree in the following program(s) can transition into this Baccalaureate Degree program:
Unless otherwise approved by the department, all applicants should be within six credit hours of being classified as Junior status, have completed all general education requirements for an A.S. degree from an approved accredited academic institution, and have passed each required course with a C or better.
- Meet admission requirements of the University.
- Possess acceptable health status as defined by internship sites and the University.
- Have a cumulative 2.0 GPA. Students may enter the program with below acceptable GPA, but must maintain a semester-by-semester GPA of 2.0 until a 2.0 cumulative GPA is reached.
Admission into this baccalaureate degree program requires the prospective student to possess an AS or ASCT degree from an accredited institution. Acceptance into this program will be granted through the approval of the Health Care Services Administration Degree Department Chair and the Dean of Health Sciences.
Requirements for Health Care Services Administration
- Students must provide verification of Hepatitis B inoculation or refusal thereof.
- Students must supply own transportation to the school and internship sites.
Standards for Progression and Graduation
The Capstone Experience/Internship is evaluated by the faculty supervisor as “satisfactory” or “unsatisfactory” based upon criteria established by the program. If an unsatisfactory is received, the student has one more opportunity to repeat the experience with another supervisor. If a second unsatisfactory is received, a failing grade is given for that course.
Applicable Major Program Requirement Hours from Associate Degree Program: 30-36