A Two-Year Program Leading to the A.S. Degree
This program is designed to prepare students for management opportunities in all fields of cosmetology. Some of the areas included are as follows: beauty salon owner, make-up artist, sales technician, salon business manager, facial and skin care expert, hair stylist, platform artist, hairpiece consultant, hair coloring technician, manufacturer’s business representative, cosmetic stylist, and cosmetology instructor. In this program, emphasis is on practical skills, professionalism and business education.
Guidelines for Cosmetology Credit:
1) Persons who have completed an accredited cosmetology program, or licensed cosmetology program through VU Project EXCEL or Early College, and have passed the Indiana Cosmetology State Boards may be granted up to 28 credit hours by:
- Making application and being accepted as a Vincennes University student;
- Submitting a copy of the valid Indiana Cosmetology License; and
- Submitting payment for up to 28 credit hours at $25 per credit hour.
- Credit will be awarded for COSM 100 , COSM 150 , COSM 200 , and COSM 250 .
2) Persons who have completed an accredited cosmetology program, and have not passed the Indiana Cosmetology State Boards, will be required to complete COSM 275. The student will be assessed on their current cosmetology skills. This course is not required for students that have completed cosmetology courses through Vincennes University.
Major Program Requirements
University Core Curriculum Requirements
Recommended Sequence of Courses
- COSM 200 - Cosmetology III 7 hrs
- Social Science Elective 3 hrs (PSYC 142 recommended)
- Humanities, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Writing, or Fitness/Wellness Elective 3 hrs